Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Road Trip!

Johnny had two days off from work, so we decided to pack our bags & hit the road. The destination? The Rio Grande Valley to visit Johnny's family AND to have a family day at the beach. It was so much fun, and I'm proud to announce that Sophia didn't cry at all during the car ride there and back! If you know Sophia and her hatred of car rides, you know that is a huge accomplishment for us.

Sophia after a long day of travel & beach fun.
Loving the beach...excuse the crazy hair 
(post partum hair loss & regrowth has been cruel to me)
Some other Sophia developments:
Cheerios have become one of her obsessions. She's liked them for awhile, but now she's 100% hooked.  She was running around the grocery store with the box (hence the blur)!
She loves & is terrified of puppies at the same time. Sophia's cousins just got a tiny little chihuahua. Sophia was screaming and shaking from fear and squealing from excitement all at the same time. And when the puppy wasn't around, she would go looking for her. It was so cute. And hilarious. I'll try to upload Johnny's video of her reaction. We couldn't stop laughing.

She learned a new (and fairly disgusting) new trick. She likes to grab her feet and smell them while she is sitting in her carseat.

Sophia loves playing with her baby cousin Quinn but hates being cooperative when I want to take her photo. Here's Exhibit A...
She's only happy when she gets to walk around.
I wish I had more pictures from the trip, but that's all I have! I hope everyone is having a great Fourth of July Eve!


1 comment:

  1. Ok first, I feel like the worst friend ever because I am still not getting your new posts so I am way behind!!! Ugh so sorry love!! You guys look so gorgeous on the beach!!! Love her running with the Cheerios!!

    ReplyDelete