Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Preparations

As my maternity leave comes to an end, I have to create a home away from home for Sophia at my parent's house. I am shopping around for more baby products, so I don't have to pack up my entire apartment every day. Since Sophia hates practically everything, I am obsessed with researching new and unique products to try. There's a running list of "gifts" for Sophia on my phone. We are going to test the comotomo baby bottles (similar to the Tommee Tippee bottles we currently use) when she drinks pumped milk. Both are supposed to make it easier to go back and forth between breast and bottle since I would like to continue nursing when I am home with her. And yes, I cannot wait to spend my breaks pumping away in my car.

And with work, it'll be even more difficult to find time for the gym, so my hunt for a good yet stylish jogging stroller continues. The bloom and origami strollers are both suitable for jogging, and they have some fun features like solar lighting or running lights and UV protection! Plus they have such colorful options.

Oh, and I would pay a pretty penny for a carseat that could safely transport a swaddled baby. I am not looking forward to the nights where I have to wake up a sleeping Sophia at midnight (or later depending on my schedule) to bring her home.

Every day Sophia is smiling a little more and developing into such a sweet little girl. And so my anxiety over leaving her grows. Any love, support, and kind words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I don't really know many working mothers or have any great examples to follow in this direction, so I'm very uncertain of what this change entails. Retail isn't the greatest supporter of family life. The majority of people I work with aren't married let alone have any children. To be quite honest, I'm mostly not ready for this because I always prayed that something would work itself out so that I wouldn't have to go back to work until Sophia was 1- or 2-years-old. I don't want Sophia calling anyone else mommy!

But to end on a happier note, I'll include more pictures of our sweet Sophia:



2 comments:

  1. You are going to do great! It'll be hard at first, and I'm not going to lie, it doesn't get easier. It gets tolerable. You will miss her, cry and be upset, but the BEST part about being away is..... COMING BACK! You'll snuggle her and love on her. All of your time together will mean so muchore now! :) you can do this! You are a strong woman and mother! Sophia is adorable! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! How did the first week back to work go? I can't wait to hear about it! You know, you can always call me or text me if you are down and having a bad day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete