Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cheering on the Red, White, and Blue...

...and loving the Fab Five and Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte and Missy Franklin!!

We're obsessed over here, and it always makes me cry. I love that even with all the trouble and turmoil going on, the world can still come together in friendly competition. Sophia loves it too! Look at her cheering on Team USA.
Watch out Olympics 2028, Sophia Rose is coming for you!

On a different note, our little family is breathing a huge sigh of relief today. At Sophia's 2 month well baby appointment, we found out that she wasn't gaining enough weight. After a couple days of a strict feeding schedule, we went back, and skinny mini hadn't gained a single ounce. They did some preliminary blood tests to see if anything was wrong. And they sent us home with the instructions to feed. every. three. hours. no. matter. what. Even at night. For, you see, baby girl is like mommy and daddy and would rather sleep than eat. If she still didn't gain any weight, our pediatrician was going to put Sophia in Texas Children's Hospital. So Sophia and I set out for a feeding frenzy. I had alarms set for every feeding, and I would wake up my sweet baby from her afternoon naps and deep sleep at night to eat. I was so worried about baby Sophia. And I kept blaming myself. What if I wasn't making enough milk? What if I was't producing good quality milk? What if they make me switch over to formula? But we went back to the pediatrician first thing this morning, and she had gained 4 whole ounces. Whew! We go back in a week to make sure we are still making progress. Then we can finally get her immunizations and space out feedings a little more, so we can both get more rest. I'm so so happy my baby isn't in the hospital right now. Keep her in your prayers this next week!!

Side Note: I wish it were socially acceptable for grown women to sport adorable baby fashion like onsies and leg warmers or headbands with giant bows/flowers or dresses with ruffled bloomers underneath. But, alas, it is not. 


2 comments:

  1. awwwwww how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful that she is ok! I would hate for you guys to have to be in the hospital and having to switch to formula is the worst, especially for you mommy. It isn't a good feeling knowing your body isn't doing what it was meant to do. Keep that baby eating!! She is getting so big, and has such a cute personality! We need to get together soon since we live down the street!

    ReplyDelete