Friday, July 27, 2012

My Little Rose

I cannot believe Sophia will be nine weeks old tomorrow. Where has the time gone?! I'll admit, I used to get so sad whenever I thought about her changing and growing. Okay, okay, let's be honest, I still do... But she really does get more beautiful every day, and I look forward to all of her little milestones. I can't wait to take Sophia to her first dance class or spend an entire afternoon reading and painting our nails (or, of course, our little shopping trips that will surely stress Johnny.) I just love having a little girl! Anyone that really knows me knows that I was meant to have a girl. I often dream of a slightly less caffeinated Gilmore Girl-esque relationship with my daughter. Doesn't that sound just wonderful?

And some updates on our little family:
  • We have recently started a bedtime routine to develop some familiarity and consistency for Sophia. I read that babies do well with repetition. We start with bath time, which Sophia has really grown to love. Then we nurse, swaddle, snuggle, and turn on the SleepSheep Sound Machine. Sophia knows exactly what comes next. I forgot to turn on the sound machine the other night, and Sophia sure did let me know. Last night, I added Goodnight Moon since bedtime really isn't complete without a story. She's usually still awake when I put her down, but she has learned to put herself to sleep. With the exception of some random cries and loud squeaks, Sophia sleeps fairly well.
  • Sophia has discovered the joy of sucking on her hand. I think she's still working on finding her thumb. She often prefers her hand to the pacifier or even nursing.
  • She is not a big fan of tummy time. She usually screams and screams and pushes herself around and around in circles. And she leaves behind a trail of drool. 
  • As much as I would like to brag about Sophia being such an easy and happy baby, it is not the reality of our situation. She loves to cry. And she has to be held and cuddled 24/7. It is going to be interesting when I go back to work. There definitely isn't a person in the world that dotes on Sophia the way I do.
  • Postpartum depression blows. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
I hope everyone is staying cool. We are looking forward to some relief from the hot summer sun. We want to run a marathon as a family, so I can't wait until it is cool enough to go running with sweet Sophia. And I know it is still in the distant future, but I am excited about buying Sophia some winter clothes. I love layers and baby Uggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment