Friday, July 13, 2012

Baby Coos & Rose-Colored Glasses

"I surrender who I've been for who you are, for nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart." - Sleeping At Last
Little Sophia Rose will be seven weeks tomorrow. People weren't lying when they said it goes by fast! It has been a tumultuous and dichotomous couple of weeks. I love the little milestones that come with her inevitable growth, but I also want to hold onto my tiny newborn. 

Recently, we've discovered the magic of the baby carrier. Sophia loves the closeness that it provides while it gives Johnny and I the luxury of two free hands! She is still a little too small for it, but it stops the crying.

We're also getting more smiles and baby coos. The journalism major in me wants to capture every moment, but my paparazzi skills leave something to be desired. 

Some other baby Sophia developments:
  • She has an amazing startle reflex. She'll throw her arms up in the air and then go right on sleeping.
  • The sound of the hair dryer makes her pass out, even if only for a couple minutes.
  • I want to start exploring baby sign language. I think we'll start with 'mommy,' 'daddy,' and 'milk!'
  • No, we're not getting her ears pierced. I want her to ask for it and for us to have that girlie bonding experience.
  • She has super soft baby feet.
  • It is fun seeing the world through the eyes of a baby; everything is new and exciting. Sophia's favorite game is Peek-A-Boo. I get a great big smile every time.
  • Bath time is getting better. The lavender scent of our baby shampoo & body wash calms sweet Sophia Rose after a good hard cry.
  • I feel incredibly guilty every time I leave Sophia. And it's only for about an hours at a time. I can't even imagine going back to work right now.

I love discovering new baby products, brands, and outfits/accessories. My latest obsession is BabyLegs leg warmers. They help keep Sophia's legs warm without interfering with diaper changes. Besides, Sophia has the ability to kick off her pants. Leave your recommendations for your favorite things!


No comments:

Post a Comment