Monday, July 16, 2012

10 Things I Want My Daughter to Know

10. Be a girlie-girl. Love pink and lace and roses! Or be a tomboy. Either way, own who you are. Don't worry too much about what others think.

9. "You are altogether beautiful, my darling, beautiful in every way." Song of Songs 4:7. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

8. Don't compare. And don't judge. It'll rob you of a lot of joy. Trust me, I've learned this the hard way.

7. Follow your dreams. And dream big, girlfriend! I'll do anything and everything to help you, and I will always be behind you 100%. That doesn't mean I won't give you my opinions sometimes. But at the end of the day, trust your heart, and I'll have faith that I did a good job raising you.

6. Baylor Bears are the best! Education is important, but it's not everything. The support system you can build at Baylor is unlike any other. And enjoy everything while you're there, even if it seems a little silly (after all, there is no Diadeloso in real life). And have a heart for Waco. It's not the most glamorous place, but it has a certain charm. Plus that's where I met your daddy.

5. Don't be a mean girl. There's enough of them in the world. Have a good, pure heart. That alone will get you far in life.

4. Always have a planner. Bring a jacket. And wear sunscreen. You'll be glad you did.

3. Be careful who you trust. Some people will try to masquerade as your best friend for selfish reasons, and some will talk behind your back. It'll break your heart. Those people aren't worth it. I know, baby girl, it's hard to stomach, but it's important to know.

2. Always remember mommy and daddy love you. More. Than. Anything. We're trying, but we're not perfect. We'll make mistakes. Lots of them. We're sorry!

1. Do everything in His glory. Wear out your praying knees.

And ten more things...

xoxo.


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes ma'am. She's always cold, but she kicks off her pants. And this is easier for us when we have to change her diaper!

      Delete
  2. That was so sweet! Love #5 :)
    I love that our daughters have the same name... such a cute name!
    Your little Sophia is so adorable!
    Sara
    Life with Baby Sophia

    ReplyDelete